Friday, August 7, 2015

Joining Treasure Data

After spending 2.5 years working with distributed analytics systems at DeNA, I joined Treasure Data this week with the goal of challenging my weaknesses and raising my skill sets.

In my time at DeNA I spent most of my time in the Hadoop Infra dept. where I took the lead on Hadoop upgrade CDH3 to HDP2, took part in the introduction of Storm, ElasticSearch, Kafka and Consul.  However due to lack of clear stances related to open sourcing and sharing information outside the company, nothing ended up being shared.

With me joining TD this month, one of the major changes is the clear company stance when it comes to sharing with the community. Since the majority of systems at TD are built on open source, we also need to give back to the community. One part of that will be this blog, which I will be using as a notepad for new discoveries and things I learned.

So while I'm thankful for the chances I've gotten and everything I've learned during my time at DeNA, I look forward to getting used to working in a more open way.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great resource that you providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine.
    Latest Technology

    ReplyDelete